Sunday, November 11, 2012

Winter Wonderland

Can you believe how much it has snowed in Utah this weekend? Wow! I am just glad it is the weekend and hopefully tomorrow morning we won't have to drive in it. Last night we got onto the freeway and immediately saw two cars slide off the road and into each other because of black ice. It was scary! Thanks to Sam being smart we avoided it, but we were pretty close to piling up right along with those other cars. So be careful driving! Anyways... Sam and I have had a great weekend and pretty much have just tried to relax and stay warm. Friday night we just rented the move Two Weeks Notice (don't you just love that movie?) and got a little Costa Vida for dinner. The perfect relaxing Friday night.

Saturday we tried to get up early and get the day going. Sam had to help clean the church with the young men in our ward and I went grocery shopping. I have decided that I can't go grocery shopping in the middle of the day on Saturday. It gives me anxiety because there are so many people. Does anyone else feel that way? I like to take my time roaming the isles without screaming kids and people running into me. Later that day we attended the funeral of my sister in law Debi's Grandma. She was diagnosed with cancer about a year ago and passed away earlier this week. It was so sweet to see how loved this women was. She was so sweet and such a kind and considerate woman. You could tell how loved each of her children and grandchildren felt by her. Later that night we babysat for my sister Rebekah. We watched the movie The Lorax with her kids. It was actually fun. You can tell that Sam and I are truly becoming an old married couple because by 10:30 we had fallen asleep on their couch. I think it is impossible for me to stay up late anymore.

Now it is Sunday, and what better way to wake up to some serious snow fall than hot bacon and fresh baked banana bread?


I made this beautiful loaf yesterday. I seriously love the recipe. I will have to post it later. But for now I better get ready for church. I find it funny that even though I have 1:00 pm church, I still manage to be late and I am always tired. I hope you are enjoying the snow, but stay safe and warm:)

6 comments:

  1. The instant Caleb and I said "i do" I started not being able to stay up late! Until we had kids that is. Because heck, what's better that just sleeping next to your one and only?? Now that we have kids we are always trying to squeeze in a little kid-free excitement whenever they're asleep, which means we never get enough sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprisingly, it sounds like we got WAY less snow up here in Logan than you guys. Of course, it's been like 15 degrees all weekend, so that might be why...

    And I'm with you on the grocery shopping. The best time to go is at like 8:30 p.m. on a Monday. No lines. No hassle. Just clean, empty aisles calling your name :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that bread looks yummy kayla!! and yes, grocery shopping on saturdays give me anxiety as well. well, walmart gives me anxiety pretty much any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I finally remembered to come back to you new blog. I added you to my reader, so I should be able to keep up now...even though I already knew you did most of the things you blogged about recently because I did so many of them with you. :-) Instead of updating my blog, I should just link to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wait until you have kids, and then you will go to bed at 9 pm and still be tired all of the time.

    ReplyDelete