Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Weekend Update/Happy Election Day!

This past weekend was one of extremes. I started the weekend by leaving work early because I got a terrible migraine. Sam and I just spent the night at home and watched a movie to relax.

However, Saturday was seriously one of the best days I have had in a long time. I tend to have some issues with feeling good most of the time. I always seem to have a lot of back pain, neck pain, and I get head aches all the time. But Saturday was different. I seriously woke up at about 7:30 am and could not go back to bed. It was like I just sat up and was like Bam! I am awake! So what did I decide to do? Well I decided to get up and head to the killer power tone class at the rec center. I am still feeling the effects of that class... But at the time I felt great. I came home and whipped up an awesome breakfast for me and my still sleeping husband. After that I went on a little cleaning spree and swept and mopped all my floors, did the dishes, dusted, and cleaned the bathroom. I barely made it on time to my appointment for a long needed haircut. After styling my fresh cut hair (isn't that the best?) Sam and I decided to get the oil changed in our cars. So we dropped them off and walked to costco to eat lunch. When we went back to pay, the guy gave us $10 off on Sam's car. Then as Sam went to Great Harvest to get our free loaf of delicious bread with a coupon we had, I opened the mail box only to find a free $10 card to Kohls. Is there anything better than free stuff? After that I was off to a wonderful massage that Sam gave me as a gift a long time ago. It was Heaven! If I were rich that would seriously be the first thing I would spend money on. We then picked up the most delicious ice cream that I had read about on Torrie's blog. The Sea Salt Caramel Truffle private selection brand at Smith's. Oh man that was so good! And the perfect way to end the night. Can you think of a more perfect day?

Unfortunately Sunday was not the same. I had a terrible headache all day long. Also I have a super hard time with having 1:00 pm church. I can't wait for the new year when we move to 9 am. By the time we got to church I felt terrible and super nauseous. But the best part of the whole weekend? Was that I didn't have to work Monday. Having Monday off is the best. So that is why my weekend update is happening on a Tuesday.

Speaking of Tuesday, have you voted yet? It is the first Tuesday of November and it's an election year! If you haven't already noticed... It is super exciting to me. And honestly I don't really care too much who wins, it is just an exciting process to watch unfold. So even though I am sick of all the Mia Love and Jim Matheson commercials, I am still excited about the election. So if you haven't already voted, then do it! I just did! Here is the proof.


I feel like I should write some big thing about why voting is a good thing, but I think this post is long enough. So I will just say this, don't be lazy, go vote.

Oh and here are some pictures from Halloween, which was a great day as usual.


 
I don't actually have a picture of our sweet costumes on my camera. But we dressed as Mario and Luigi, and it was hilarious to answer the door and talk to trick or treaters in a terrible Italian accent. The kids loved it.

But Halloween is over now, and I am not going to lie, I am way excited for Christmas. When you find eggnog and peppermint ice cream in the grocery store isles, you know what time it is :)


I couldn't resist :)

4 comments:

  1. Yay! You tried the ice cream! It is just the best--I've been craving some like crazy ever since we finished off our carton last week.

    And p.s. I totally didn't vote. I planned to, but I left work late and didn't know where to go. But I have been following the results! Pretty crazy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, it is so good! I ate some tonight. It is super rich, but I kind of like it because you can only eat a little at a time so it lasts longer. I can't believe that only recently I have tasted salted caramel. It is like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. there really isn't much better than a saturday that goes close to perfect. it's just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rock star wifery going on at the Prusse house!! And, I need to try that ice cream now. right. now.

    ReplyDelete