Thursday, November 22, 2012

Day of Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving world! I have been looking forward to Thanksgiving for a long time now. Who does not like Thanksgiving? If you don't, well then you should re-evaluate your likes and dislikes. This year will be a little different because I won't be with my own family. We are all going to in-laws and my parents went up to Idaho to my grandparents. Normally I would have gone with them, but now I have my own in-laws... weird huh? So this year we will be with Sam's family, which is totally fine because I love his family. And I have the best mother in law in the world so there is no awkwardness of her judging my pies or anything. It will be fun. I am bringing a pumpkin pie and an apple pie, so hopefully they turn out. Since it is Thanksgiving I think I will create my thankful list for the day. I will probably leave things off, but here is what is currently on my mind.
I am thankful for membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Lately I feel like maybe I don't give enough thanks for that, but I really am most grateful for this in my life. It is a gift that is indescribable. And I am positive that my life would be a lot harder without it.

I am thankful for my wonderful husband who is my little miracle. Sam is so gentle and kind and my best friend. We are figuring out marriage but there is no one I would rather figure it out with than him. I am so blessed to have him with me through this journey of life.

I am grateful for parents who have taught me to use my brain, be a good person, be independent, and to love the world around me. My parents have given me some of the greatest gifts in my life.

I am grateful for a family that loves me and looks out for me. As the youngest I know that I am a little extra looked out for and I really appreciate that from them.

I am grateful for my little nieces and nephews who are so funny and beautiful and remind me that I am an old boring adult now and that sometimes I need to just lighten up and laugh.

I am grateful for so many great friends throughout my life that have led me in the right direction and have listened to me over-analyze my life over and over. I am grateful for all the fun we have had over the years and for being there for me through everything... you know who you are.

I am grateful for a job I actually like. I am grateful that I can get out of bed and  not dread the day ahead of me.

I am grateful for the beautiful world around me and that everyday I see something that amazes me.

I am grateful for my life and for always having what I need no matter how hard things seem to be. There is always food to eat, a bed to sleep in, clothes to wear, an old corsica to drive, and someone there for me. I am thankful for my life.

So Happy Thanksgiving, and I hope that everyone takes a little time to think about how blessed we are to be on this earth.

I am also grateful that these just came out of my oven.... :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for you too, friend! Thanks for playing tennis with us this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! yes, an old corsica to drive. could life get any better?? ;)

    maybe someday (before or after dec 22nd) we'll see eachother. you know, like in real life. and like, hang out.

    ReplyDelete