Thursday, March 28, 2013

Tax Return Woes

So Sam and I got our tax return already and we were so excited about it. I had these little hopes (okay really big hopes) that we would be able to use the money to go on a trip, or pay off a bunch of debt, or maybe even save it. Well, those hopes were dashed to pieces when my lovely 1994 Corsica decided to need two different repairs in one week. The first was a problem that I will admit I have been ignoring for months (your car is not supposed to shake when you turn the wheel left while going between 55-65 mph right?) yeah I didn't think so. It finally got to the point that it could not be ignored so grudgingly we took it in to get repaired. Then yesterday I was on my way to my sister's when that little light that tells you something is definitely wrong with your car came on again, yes after already being "fixed." Turns out that this time I had a flat tire, how I do not know. So two  new tires later I am driving home from Big-O Tires and what comes on again? That stupid little light! We called the car place and they said that unless it keeps staying on my life is not in danger so just keep driving. I think it is official that the Corsica is becoming unrepairable (I know that is not a real word). I wish I could just get a new car but it is just not possible for us right now. So that is where half of our lovely tax return went. And even though it is not my fault, I feel guilty that it was my car that needed repairs. Life is awesome right?

I should really just be grateful that I still have a car that runs. Anyone who knows of the Corsica knows how old that thing is. And besides, we did do one thing we vowed to use the money for, which was to buy a printer. So yes, we are the owners of a real printer. It is so sad how excited we were about getting this thing. I feel like I am on the road to true adulthood. I don't have to go to my parent's to print things anymore and I can finally print off the bazillion Joanne's coupons I get. So there are good things in life.

Here it is people. The HP Deskjet 3150 in all it's glory.


And this is how happy we were about it.

 Happy Friday Eve!

5 comments:

  1. i have come to the realization that paying for car repairs (expected or unexpected, it really doesn't matter) is one of the worst things about this life. it's just never a happy thing, ever. sorry man.

    but hey! new printer! we only have one because my parents got a new one and gave us their other one (i think maybe they just got a new one because they took pity and wanted to give us their old one..? who knows.)

    happy easter friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, one of those stupid lights just came on in the Mazda this morning, and this is like the 3rd time this year it's happened already. Amazingly, Frogger is still running, but I'm just counting down the days until he poops out.

    Cars. Who needs 'em?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any large sum of money that has ever come our way starts out with me being super super excited about ALL the debt will pay off/ fun will have... and usually ends with us buyimg necessities (such as car repairs) that we have put off until everything is on it's last leg. I relate all too well to this post And hey, printers are stinkin awesome! No shame in being excited :D You guys are just cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really makes me feel better that we are not the only ones this happens to. I keep trying to think of it all as a blessing that we had extra money so we could make repairs. But I won't lie, I still dream off all the things the money could have been used for... Oh well.

    ReplyDelete