Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy Spring!

Happy first real, official, legitimate day of spring. Although it is cold and rainy outside, it feels like spring rain, not a winter storm, so I am okay with it. Well Sam and I went to Moab for his spring break, and although it was not the most exciting Moab trip I have ever had it was still worth it. It was just nice to get away from Bountiful even if it only meant slightly warmer and slightly less windy weather. We really only went on one hike to a place called Negro Bill Canyon (yes that is the real name). The hike is a lot prettier when all the plants are green, but it was still fun. One advantage to going to Moab so early is that no one is there. We pretty much had any pick of camp site, and while we were hiking we only ran into about 5 other groups. I think there was a time when we were the only ones on the trail for a while. While we were hiking we saw these really cool sheets of ice that looked like frozen waterfalls. Sam said it reminded him of Zelda.... which made reminded me of why we needed to get out more. Here are some pictures. They don't do it justice at all because I have zero photography skills, but just imagine being in the desert and seeing frozen waterfalls. Awesome right?



Even though we did have a good time, we both decided we should probably start camping when the weather is a little warmer, it just makes things easier.

So I am in the process of looking for a full time teaching job right now. As I was updating all my documents and resume and stuff, I came across my student teaching evaluations and was flooded with many interesting memories. Let's just say I am so glad to be done with that phase in my life. Oh how far I have come in just a year. Isn't it funny how in the moment you think that things will last forever, but then, bam, a year has gone by and it is like, really? Where did time go? But in the case of student teaching I am glad that is far gone. So I am about to embark on a new teaching adventure. One of the teacher's I TA for is going on maternity leave and she has asked me to long term sub for her class. This is a 5th grade class people. I am very nervous and excited all at the same time. I know all the kids and it is a great class, but I feel a little out of my element. I am looking forward to the change though, and hey, if it is horrible, then it's fine because its only temporary. Well, I hope you are enjoying this first day of spring as much as I am :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, 5th grade? And I thought 7th grade was young...it will be a good experience though (and it will help your teaching resume!). You'll have to let me know how it goes, friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that zelda comment was pretty hilarious. i think we all could use a little 'getting out more' sometimes :) good luck with the 5th graders!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still laughing about the Zelda comment too!! Ha! At least it's zelda. You know it's bad when everything reminds you of dora the explorer...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are so adventurous. Subbing long term sounds exciting, good luck!

    ReplyDelete