Sunday, May 29, 2016

Gavin at 6 Months

Well Gavin turned 7 months yesterday, so I think it is probably about time that I post about Gavin at 6 months. Month 6 was maybe the most challenging since the newborn phase, but all the growing pains have great rewards in the cuteness factor. Gavin is growing so fast! Here are the 6 month stats:

Height: 28 inches 89%
Weight: 17 pounds 14 ounces 51%
Head: 16.7 inches 14%




Literally the night that Gavin turned 6 months he woke up every few hours and it seems like the next day my sweet little 5 month old turned into a cranky and irritable 6 month old. It was such an overnight thing that it seemed so weird. I suspected that maybe Gain was teething but there was no way of knowing for sure. Gavin was just so grumpy all the time and seemed to be crying a lot more than usual. Well sure enough, after a few weeks of this I finally felt a little tooth poking through his bottom gums, and then the crabbiness really set in. Poor Gavin basically cried himself to sleep every night for a week. Little did I know that he was actually getting a second tooth as well. Once that one came through it was like we got our happy, sweet, pleasant baby back instantly. So the bottom line is that teething it the pits.

Even though 6 months has been a difficult time, it has also been a month of so much growth! Gavin seems to be learning new things every day. He can roll easily from front to back all over the place. He loves pretty much every food we have given him. He has started to become so much more interactive and so interested in everything going on around him. He is starting to talk and babble all the time. He has learned how to make all kinds of sounds with his mouth and it is really just the cutest. He can almost sit up all by himself now. He seems to be growing right before my eyes!

I love how Gavin is such a friendly baby and smiles at just about anyone, unless they have a beard. He can be terrified of men with beards. I love that he is starting to get a little snuggly at night and that he will rest his head on my shoulder for a little bit. I love that he seems interested in books and that he actually sits and seems to listen to the story when I read to him before bed time. I love that he sleeps all snuggled on his side (even though at first it kind of freaked me out because we always have slept hin on his back) but now it is just cute. I love how when he starts to get too tired he also gets crazy giggly and just laughs his head off over the smallest things. I love going on walks with Gavin because they make him so calm and he loves to just look around at everything outside. I love how much Gavin loves dogs and cats. He loves to stare and smile at Nala, even when she it just sitting doing nothing. I love coming and getting him from his crib in the morning and seeing that first smile of the day. I love how sweet Gavin is. He really is just a sweet, lovable, crazy kid. He is so weird and so funny to watch.

Now that I am done with school (forever!) I feel like I can really just enjoy motherhood and enjoy Gavin. We are going to start working on some sleep training so he isn't waking up multiple times a night. I am so excited to only have to worry about our schedule instead of always having to adapt to others because of baby sitting. I feel like Gavin is always tired and hungry, especially since the last two weeks Gavin refused to take a bottle after he got teeth, yes that was very fun. I am also trying to work on Gavin not nursing to sleep every time he needs to nap. Being a working Mom means there are many sacrifices of how you will parent, but now I can actually do the things the way I want to. I am nervous and also so excited about this new chapter in my life. Motherhood is something that has not come natural to me but I feel like I am starting to get a handle on things and now I can't wait to just embrace this crazy Mommy life!

Those cheeks!

My favorite sweater!

Mother's Day

Playing in his Monster Jammies

Just like Dad

We love you Gavin! You are half a person now! At least that's what Sam and I always tell him. We can't wait for this next half a year and to see all the new things you will learn.

2 comments:

  1. That picture of his cheeks is just the cutest. What an adorable little baby! It's been way too long since I've seen him in person (oh, and you guys too...).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for 6 months! I feel like I am not a newborn baby phase lover. Haha. At about 6 months and older I really just start to truly enjoy the babies! I love my babies when they're newborns too, but ya know. They start becoming much more of a "person" from here on out. He's adorable! Lola hasn't pushed teeth through yet but I'm just waiting for it. (And dreading it). I took my girls to the zoo the other day and watching Lola be able to see and watch the animals made me so happy. It's so fun! Their minds just get blown with new things every day and I love watching it. Let's get together!

    ReplyDelete