Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year!

Well 2013 has gone and 2014 is here whether I am ready for it or not. On Dec. 31st I turned 27, which I have realized is a pretty uneventful age to turn. I had a pretty good day shopping with Sam, eating out with my family and playing games until the clocked turned midnight and another year was gone. We had a pretty low key night and since I was still recovering from being sick for the whole month I was ok with it. Of course with the new year comes reflection as well as making plans for the new year.

I would say 2013 was a pretty good year, not without it's challenges though. Here are some of the highlights for me:

  • Moving into John and Bethany's house and inheriting 3 crazy cats, thus making us cat people.
  • Planting my very first garden
  • Celebrating our first wedding anniversary
  • Finding Nala and having our very first pet
  • Traveling to Boston to visit John and Bethany
  • Running (mostly) a half marathon
  • Helping Matt and Debi move to Seattle
  • Moving to a new house
Last year Sam and I set a few goals, some of which we kept, some partly kept, and some hardly at all. We have set some goals for the new year:
  1. Run a triathlon together
  2. Attend the temple at least once a month
  3. Do a 52 week savings challenge
  4. We did not set too many because even though at the new year I feel a lot of ambition I don't want to be unrealistic.
Here are my personal goals for 2014:
  1. Go to the dentist (yes that is a big goal for me)
  2. Finish menu plans I started
  3. Make a wedding album
  4. Related to #3, I want to organize our photos
  5. Start an etsy business
  6. Have a booth at my local farmer's market this summer.
I wanted my goals to be things I have deeply wanted to do, which probably seem ridiculous to others but are important to me. I wanted them to be realistic and not your typical "New Years" resolutions. Of course I want to loose weight, or be a better person, but I think those can be obtained better through more specific goals. My hope for this new year is to be settled in a new place and to organize my life in a way that I have been wanting to for a while now. Happy New Year!


5 comments:

  1. I didn't know you wanted to open an Etsy shop! That's pretty awesome :) What are you planning on selling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound like some pretty good goals. I'll have to find a triathlon for us to do together. What do you plan on selling at your farmer's market? Food?

    ReplyDelete
  3. so i'm just getting caught up on blog stuff, and read that matt and his fam moved to bainbridge island. jae was just there this past september! his buddy dan and his family live there. neat!

    ps - yes, an etsy shop? fun! selling what? i will buy something from you, whatever it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well for the Etsy shop I would sell crafts. Things like baby mobiles (which I will practice making for Bethany), pillow covers, maybe wreaths. And for the farmer's market I want to sell baked goods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to buy everything you make!! These are awesome goals. And by the way, You are such a beautiful person inside and out. I really like this picture of you guys.

    ReplyDelete