Monday, July 29, 2013

We have a baby, a baby cat.

We are crazy people. Now we have a crazy little cat. A kitten. Sam named her Nala. She is adorable and she tries to bite my feet and hands all the time. We love her already and at the same time I am seriously debating my lapse in judgement that caused me to take her home. On the 24th of July we just happened to stop by at Dick's market. We heard a meow. A loud meow that I had heard before. Flashback 4 years ago. I was on a walk in Logan and heard a little black and white kitten meowing at me from across the road. I took him home. I gave him to my brother-in-law. No harm right? I gave a helpless kitten a good home. Well now I am living with this kitten and his name is Moe. And he is the biggest butthead cat. So why on earth would I ever take in another stray cat? Well I did. And I didn't even have to. We are not the ones who even found the kitten at Dick's. Another family found her and were carrying her around looking for her owner. It was my idea to take her without even seeing her first. When we opened up the box and saw her cute little face and gray striped fur we fell in love. Especially Sam. He is such a softie. So there you go. Meet Nala.


The problem that we did not realize is that adult cats don't really like kittens. We thought, hey, we already have 3 cats, what is one more? Well apparently it is a big deal. I don't think one of the other cats really likes her so we have to keep her in a separate room and only let her out when the other cats are not around. It is kind of a pain. But over time hopefully things will get better and if all else fails she will grow up and be able to hold her own against the other cats. She came from the streets after all. It is a big responsibility but I figure if we can't raise a cat then what hope do we have at parenthood? So here is our first test and I hope it is successful. Either way, Nala is now the third member of our little family.

5 comments:

  1. Things will work out. Welcome to the crazy world of cat ownership! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pets are so fun (and sometimes you really wonder what you were thinking haha). i'm sure you'll love her, she's adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are a little bit crazy, but she is pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading this just makes me that much more grateful we found the "real" home of our stray kitty.

    Hallelujah.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Riah wants a cat. It's only a matter of time before we live in a place that allows pets, and I cave and get a cat. :/ I LOVE your cat story!

    ReplyDelete