Monday, April 8, 2013

Spring Break was mostly a success

Well it is good old Monday, which means that Spring Break is unfortunately over. I am not going to lie, it was hard to wake up at 6 am and go to work today. But it also wasn't too bad. It is nice to get back into a routine and to be making money again instead of sitting at home worrying about it. So I am sure you are all wondering, how did I do on my Spring Break goals (okay, okay, you probably forgot all about it). Well there were some things I did not get to. The desk is not cleared off. But to my defense I organized a ton of stuff and completely organized all our files. Also, half of the stuff on the desk is Sam's and I have no control over his organization. So the desk was not a success but I organized my things on it. I also did not finish my menu plan, but I realized that it was a pretty huge undertaking and I feel good about it because I have a menu for this month and it has been a pretty good success so far. So it's not finished but a work in progress. The one thing I truly did not touch was the wedding thank yous. So they remain a nagging little thought in my mind.

Despite not completing those things, I still got a lot done. For instance, look at this sparkling dresser, I bet you don't even recognize it!


Remember how it used to look like this? Well no more!


And remember how I said I was going to plant all my seeds? Well I did. And here they are. I had to bring them inside because of the looming wind storm.


I had all sorts of things from onions to tomatoes to flowers. I also planted some seeds directly into our garden. I can't wait to see the little plants poke up from the soil!


Look at my tiny little lobelia starts!


And my lonely little jalepeno plant. Isn't it so cute? I think so.
Also, I worked out (for reals) three times this week, plus Sam and I went on numerous walks. Now I just need to keep it up this week. I also just did a ton of organizing off all my craft stuff and old papers that needed going through. I spent a lot of time with family and watched wonderful General Conference. The week was great and it was the relaxation I needed before my taking on a class of 5th graders. It could be any day now that Mrs. Eddy (the teacher I am substituting for) has her baby. For sure I will start next week, but she is not sure if she will make it until then. It kind of freaks me out that I could just start any day now. I kept thinking what if she went into labor at school? I sure hope not for both our sakes.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you were so productive, way to go! I am happy about your little garden and want to help you with it when I am there for my visit. I'm excited to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest little plantey starts!! Wish I had been as productive as you over the last week. I'll just have to live vicariously through you for that one ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you and using your break to be all productive-like. I mostly spent mine doing family history, but that's okay. It was good to see you guys--I'll call you when we're in town again in two weeks.

    ReplyDelete