Monday, December 3, 2012

Back to Normal

I feel like the last two weeks have been crazy. Last week was one of the worst and longest weeks I have had in a long time. The week before was Thanksgiving so it was good, but also bad because I was super sick. Speaking of sick, my Mom is doing well. She is up and running again and back to work and everything. It was quite the scare though. There is nothing like a scare like that to really remind you how important family is.

Even though I was sick, Thanksgiving was still fun. We ate dinner with Sam's family and it was full of good food and just hanging out which is my kind of Thanksgiving. I made some pies, and I won't lie, they were pretty tasty.



Sam and I are now both very healthy and feeling good. We are back to work and now Sam is just trying to survive finals. Seriously being graduated from college is amazing. Not having homework at night is such a good feeling. But having a spouse in school is almost just as bad as being in school. I think I am just as excited for the semester to be over as he is.

I think I am seriously turning into an old woman and I am taking Sam down with me. Over the break we went to a concert to see one of my favorite singers Rachael Yamagata. The show didn't even start until 9:00 and by the time she came out it was like 10:30 and I was like, ok well I am about ready for bed. Poor Sam was so tired that he ended up really not having that great of a time. We went and saw her last year and it was a blast, but a year later we have aged and are not quite as fun I guess.



Have you noticed the wonderful facial hair on Sam in those pictures? Sam decided he would do No Shave November and you know what? He stuck with it and did not shave his beard all month long. Now I am the kind of girl who likes facial hair, but sadly not my husband's. Not that it looked too bad, but Sam is not a very hairy man, which I like, so he doesn't really grow a very full beard. I am pretty sure I could probably grow a bigger mustache than him. Needless to say, I am glad that he shaved on Dec. 1st.


I can't believe it is December, and yet I can. It is the last month of another year. This has been such an eventful year in my life. I am just going to try to cherish this month instead of getting caught up in all the whoop-la. I can really see myself getting caught up with all the stress of planning and spending money, but after last week I have resolved to just enjoy Christmas for what it really is. To celebrate the birth of Christ and to be close to family and friends. So Happy December to all.

P.S. I bought my very first ornament. It says First Christmas Together. We are official now.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I think having a spouse in school is just as bad as being in it yourself. I can't wait until we're both graduated! But I keep reminding myself to just enjoy this time of our life (when it's just the two of us, poor and all) because I know it will never come again.

    As you said, life's short, and we shouldn't take the most important things for granted. Glad your mom is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Jae isn't the greatest facial hair grower either :) i would prefer he stays clean-shaven. unfortunately, he usually only shaves once a week. i'm working on that one....

    i'm happy we get to enjoy a friends get-together! it was good to talk to you last night too!!! see you soon, friend.

    ReplyDelete