Friday, May 10, 2019

Fall, Gavin's Birthday, and our Big Announcement!

This post I am having to rely on my memory as I am writing it way after the fact so hopefully I can remember the details. 

Fall finally came and the weather cooled down and of course we packed our lives with way too many things, especially in October. I tend to over plan October because I just love all that there is to do and so it got a little crazy for us. One thing we did a few times was see my niece Leah bike in a few races for her School. She is so awesome and it was fun to go up to the mountains and see her race. After her race at Soldier Hollow, me, my mom, and and Gavin went to the Homestead resort and ate breakfast on their outdoor patio and enjoyed the dreamy Fall weather there. Here is Gavin outside of the restaurant. 


In the beginning of October we took a trip to Bryce Canyon National Park. We had planned the trip months before and so we were excited to finally go. I had never been there before and it definitely did not disappoint. I never cease to be amazed by the National Parks we go to. They are always even more amazing in real life than they are in pictures. We had a lot of fun even though it was pretty cold the weekend we went and we had a lot of rain and even some snow on the day we left. We did some light hiking and enjoyed all the view points we could. We went with my parents and my sister  Bethany's family. They all stayed in their trailer and Sam, Gavin and I stayed in a little Cabin. Basically any time we stay in anything other than a tent, is awesome to me. I just love having a real bed to sleep in but we also had heat and were just a short walk away from running toilets, so that's luxury for us! Ha ha. The kids had tons of fun and my Mom only had a small anxiety attack that the kids would fall off a cliff, so all in all it was a win. Unfortunately Sam got pretty sick while we were there, which is weird because he NEVER gets sick! The real miracle is that I didn't catch it from him. But Sam is a real trooper and doesn't complain much when he is sick, so we still managed to have fun and definitely want to go back, and hopefully no one will get sick this time.








Gavin's first time on a bus, which was the shuttle at the Park.


Our cute little cozy cabin.


Another annual tradition for us is to go to Logan in October over Homecoming weekend for Utah State. We go to the Football game with my sister Bethany and her family and then to Paradise Valley Orchard to pick some apples. We were especially happy to go to the orchard because sadly last year they didn't have any apples so we didn't go. It was very busy this year with great weather and it was fun to continue that tradition. Gavin loved carrying around his little basket and kept picking up apples off the ground.




Going to the USU Homecoming game is pretty much the only football related thing we do ever. We aren't really football people and therefore Gavin doesn't get super excited about the game. His favorite part is eating snacks and watching the marching band at half time, ha ha. But it is still fun to go, even if we never make it through the whole game. Later that day we went to dinner at Angie's and enjoyed a fun day in Logan.


Every month we have a family party on my side to celebrate the birthdays for that month. Gavin and my nephew Grant are the October birthdays. Here he is opening up his presents from that party. 



For Gavin's birthday party this year we went to Cross E Ranch and invited family to come with us. We like to go to their Fall Festival in October anyways, so we made it into a birthday celebration too. I can't believe that Gavin is three! It is a challenging age, but honestly, I really love it. He is so sassy and crazy but he also is so funny and adorable. I love that he is becoming more capable and independent. He is growing up and in a weird way, I am okay with it. It is bittersweet, but I honestly am just trying to enjoy Gavin in every stage that he is in because I love him no matter what. I love that we are best friends and I realize that won't necessarily always be the case. I love the special relationship we have and I seriously can't handle how much I love him. 

We had so much fun that night. It was super low key. We roasted hot dogs, had donuts for the cake, and everyone just kind of did what they wanted around the farm.




Here is Gavin on his actual birthday, the 28th. We basically celebrated his birthday 3 different days. That is the perk of being an only child I guess.

On Gavin's actual birthday we invited the Grandparents over for dinner, ate Gavin's favorite foods, and opened a few more presents. He requested a big chocolate cake with sprinkles and lots of ice cream on top, so that is what he got. He was spoiled with gifts and had a great day.




Ha ha, this is from our ward Halloween party, and is the only picture I took of the whole night.


We have kind of started the tradition of carving pumpkins the night before Halloween, mostly out of procrastination. I usually buy them at the beginning of October, but it is usually the day before (or day of) that we actually carve them. Halloween this year was a little overwhelming because we were so exhausted from everything we had done that month and by the time Halloween comes it feels like we have already celebrated it with all the trunk or treats and parties that happen. We kept it low key and just did pumpkin costumes to make it easy and stayed in our own neighborhood this year instead of going down to see our families. In fact I had a doctor's appointment that day and so we visited the Grandparents earlier in the day so we could stay home that night. We didn't even make it to Sam's work to trick or treat in his office. But we did have a fun night with just the three of us. We trick or treated in our neighborhood, ate some soup, and watched Hocus Pocus after. I appreciated the low key  night.





The main reason I was so exhausted by Halloween is because at that point I was about 10 weeks pregnant! That's right, we are having another baby! We are expecting a baby boy at the end of May (aka in a few weeks at this point) and we couldn't be more excited. The doctor's appointment I had on Halloween was my first OB appointment and I thought I should make an effort to document it.

As usual we had a great October and Fall and also were super busy (mostly because I made us so busy). These last few pictures are from a fun trip to the Zoo with Sam's parents. I could definitely tell that even with being just barely pregnant, it was affecting my energy and ability to keep up with all that I had planned. But we still had a lot of fun with everything that we did.




No comments:

Post a Comment