Saturday, November 19, 2016

Gavin at 12 Months

Our little man is a whole year old now! And I am so excited about it. I love that Gavin is growing up and becoming more independent. We had a fun birthday party for him in which I went way overboard and planned way to much. I think everyone had a good time though, and there was a ton of candy involved so that makes it fun right? Get ready for a picture overload!



12 Month Measurements

Weight 22.8 pounds 50%
Height 31 inches 85%
Head 17.5 inches 7%

Gavin is such a sweetheart. He genuinely makes me laugh every day. He also is a little stinker and makes me want to pull my hair out, that is if he hasn't already pulled it out for me already! Gavin crawls at full speed, but really does not have a lot of interest in walking. He stands up to everything and has figured out how to balance without holding on to anything but he won't really take any steps. He doesn't even really cruise along furniture. He can, he just doesn't do it. I am not worried. I know he will walk when he is good and ready.

One thing that is amazing is that Gavin sleeps through the night almost every night. Every now and then he will wake up in the night, but it is very rare. He was sleeping in until about 7:30 every morning until the dreaded daylight savings time. It seriously messed everything up! I don't know how but not only did he wake up an hour earlier, but he started waking up at 5 in the morning! It was terrible. But now he is starting to sleep longer again. Gavin is still a pretty good eater, but he spits out his food and it drives me crazy! He is also in to everything of course. He has to put every tiny little thing he finds in his mouth. I am pretty sure he has swallowed a lot of things I don't even know about. Last weekend we went up to East Canyon to go fishing and he ate a rock. So yeah.

Despite him being a little pain sometimes, he is mostly just a sweet heart. He is silly, and crazy, and funny. I love how much he loves to just sit quietly in his room and "read" book after book. He will pull every single one off the shelf and look at them one at a time. Its so cute. I love how much he loves his family. He absolutely loves his aunts and grandmas. Almost too much. He loves playing with other kids, especially his cousins. He loves playing with Dad and gets to be a lot more rough with him than I will let him be with me. He loves animals, especially out cat Nala. They have a weird sort of friendship, I think. Gavin says Dada, Uh-oh, and kitty. He hardly ever says Mama anymore. He also just chatters a lot and makes a lot of crazy sounds and words. He likes to "sing" and makes this kind of "woof" sound when he sees any animal, even on TV. He has the most beautiful dark eyes and lashes but his real show stopper has become is golden curly hair. Everyone comments on it because it really is just the cutest. It is getting pretty long but I couldn't bare to cut it quite yet.

I just love being Gavin's Mom. I feel like a year into it, I finally have some things down. We are sleeping more. We have a pretty good schedule. Gavin plays really well. He is mobile, I am more confident. If I could just have told myself a year ago that everything would indeed get easier like people said they would, I would still probably not have believed it. But they have. And I am grateful. I love being a mom more than ever now. This first year has probably been the hardest year of my life for so may reasons, but at the same time Gavin has been my biggest blessing. I know there will be challenges ahead but I am ready to face them. We love you Baby Gavin! Even though you are not really a baby anymore... Now get ready for picture overload!


We went to the Treehouse Museum in Ogden for his Birthday and it is so much fun.

He was Yoda for Halloween, Sam was Han Solo, and I was a pumpkin. I know I am lame.


Just reading books

Fishing at East Canyon and eating a lot of sand



Birthday Party Photos! We had a photo booth, pumpkin painting, face painting, bobbing for apples, potato sack races, pin the spider on the web, other games, a pinata, and lunch. It was crazy but fun!









































3 comments:

  1. Yeah, that party looked pretty amazing---go, you! I basically let my mom run Raven's first birthday gig, ha ha! So glad that Gavin is sleeping through the night for you, now--it really makes the biggest difference! Love you, friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute and what a fun party! That's amazing that he sleeps through the night!

    ReplyDelete