Thursday, February 7, 2013

Time to start blogging again

Well, I am back to the blogging world. Sam and I went without our computer and the internet for about a month and a half and so I guess I just got out of the habit of blogging. Now we finally have our computer back for reals and our internet is all set up in our new residence. That's right we have moved to a new place. In fact a lot has happened since my last post. So here is an update of what we have been up to.

Of course we celebrated Christmas and decorated our awesome, real, from the forest Christmas tree.


We spent a lot of time in these awesome wedding gifts we got. They are called "forever-lazies." We may have actually worn them to bed on multiple occasions.



My family had our annual Christmas in Bethlehem dinner made by my Mom, which as usual, was amazing. I love Christmas Eve probably more than Christmas day because that is when my family dos the most stuff together.

I made my Mom's English toffee all by myself for the first time. Yes, this is a notable event. And I only ruined one batch of the toffee by breaking the candy thermometer and poisoning it with mercury. The batch pictured is my second attempt, which was quite delicious.


We actually had Christmas breakfast with Bethany and John and my parents at our little apartment. It was so delicious! I was pretty much full the entire day, but continued to eat more food just because.

We actually had a pretty great first Christmas. We thought it would be pretty small because let's face it, we are poor. But Sam got a surprise extra big Christmas bonus, so we were able to actually buy each other gifts as well as getting way to spoiled by our families.


 And yes we wore our forever lazies for Christmas morning.


Of course we had a visit to Temple Square to see the lights.


And I turned 26. Which is weird.


And now we live with 3 cats. Sam is a lot nicer to them than I am. But being allergic to cats does have something to do with it.



 We moved at the very beginning of January into my sister Bethany's house. Well it's actually her husband John's parent's house. It is a little complicated. But the bottom line is that we live here now and it is way better than our apartment because we have a ton more room, a giant TV in the basement to play video games, cheaper rent, and a way friendlier ward. The only down side is that it is temporary and we will likely be moving again around summer time. But for now we are just enjoying the upgrade. That's about it for us. Sam is back in school, I am still just working. Life is slowly just going back to normal after having about a good month of trying to adjust to everything. I finally am back to blogging, and our internet and computer better not have any more problems.

6 comments:

  1. Kayla! I've missed you here in blogger land. I should jus be a decent friend and actually call you every once and a while. As usual its wonderful just reading about your fun christmas adventures. "lets face it we're poor" i died laughing! Because let's face it... so are we!!! Ha! The joys of young married slash student life. You guys are adorable :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that Sam and the cats are getting along and that everybody loves each other, for the most part. I swear living with cats will help you be less allergic to them, like it did for me.

    Maybe you guys can just live with us for awhile after we move back since there is plenty of space. ha ha, it might not seem so big though if we were all there together. Thanks for taking care of our (borrowed) house and our little fur balls, you are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that english toffee looks yuuuummy. and yeah - turning 26 - i keep thinking about it since my big 26 is coming up shortly. and it's kind of totally weirding me out. when did we get so old??

    glad you're blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right--that English toffee WAS amazing. And I'm sorry we missed your birthday. I have missed very few of your birthdays in my lifetime, and I'm sorry that last year was one of them. We'll have to get together soon.

    I'm so happy you updated the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those forever lazies look awesome. If I had one of those, I would probably just wear that every day rather than get dressed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kayla! Please tell me that one of those cats is the one we saved in Logan. Too funny! See...that's what you get for saving kittens.

    ReplyDelete